Full written advice is given to you by Dr. O’ Beirne and the Ballinrobe Dental team after an extraction.
- It is most important that you rest and avoid vigorous exercise for the following 24 hours.
- Do not rinse vigorously, suck on straws, smoke, drink alcohol or brush the teeth next to the extraction site for 72 hours. These activities can disrupt the blood clot and impair the healing process.
- Some pain and swelling may be experienced after an extraction. Take pain medication as prescribed. An ice pack can be used to keep swelling to a minimum.
- Gentle rinsing with Corsodyl or Kin mouthwash can aid healing.
- “Dry Socket” can occur after extraction. This is inflammation of the jaw bone. It results in severe pain about 2 days after an extraction. Contact Ballinrobe Dental immediately if this occurs.